Corning has announced a new type of protective glass for smartphone cameras. Gorilla Glass DX and DX+ from Corning are not technically new, as they have been previously used in smartwatches. However, it is the first time Corning is repurposing them for smartphone cameras.
Corning Gorilla Glass DX/DX+ for smartphone cameras
Camera is an important aspect of any modern smartphone. In order to stay ahead of the competition, brands have been adding bigger and more sensors to phones. This has resulted in camera bump becoming more prominent, leaving the lenses more prone to scratches.
Smartphone brands use a wide range of products ranging from standard AR (Anti-Reflective) coating to sapphire crystal in order to produce their cameras. This is the first time Corning is making its technology available for smartphone cameras.
- Also Read:
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass Victus for mobile consumer electronics
- Deal alert: Apple iPad Pro 2020 is enjoying massive price-cuts in Nepal
- Gionee P15 launched: Decent budget smartphone
According to the company, the DX brings the scratch resistance of Gorilla Glass (version not specified) to smartphone cameras. On the other hand, the DX+ is claimed to have scratch resistance similar to that of sapphire.
Moving on, Gorilla Glass DX/DX+ won’t hamper your camera performance. Corning says that its latest glass technology can reduce reflection, thus, capturing 98% of light. This will reduce ghosting and aberration in cameras.
- Also Read:
- Level 51 Nepal lets you build a custom laptop with high-quality parts
- We tried out the online blue book renewal system and here’s what we found
- POCO F3 GT launched with Dimensity 1200 and mechanical gaming triggers
Corning Gorilla Glass DX/DX+ Availability
According to the press release, Samsung will be the first brand to incorporate Corning Gorilla Glass DX/DX+ in its products. We expect Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Galaxy Z Fold 3 to feature them. Samsung has teased its next-gen foldable poster of the upcoming Galaxy Unpacked Event.